Commissioning of Explosion Protection System
Upon arrival, the Fike Certified Technician will perform the following duties:
- Verify component locations and installations per system drawing(s).
- Verify system wiring and wire terminations per system drawing(s).
- Calibrate all detection apparatus.
- Verify isolation valve action (if applicable).
- Pressurize suppressant/isolation containers (if applicable).
- Verify control panel functions including detection, actuation and alarm circuits.
- Check and approve customer interlock/annunciation functions.
- Install Gas Cartridge Actuators (GCA’s).
- Familiarize operations and maintenance personnel with system operations.
- Assist in determining spare parts level and storage requirements.
Prior to the Commissioning there is a Start Up checklist that will need to be gone through. We recommend a pre-visit to make sure everything will be ready for when the technician comes onsite for the actual commissioning.